Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer (Biology / Chemistry / Environmental Science)
Founded in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK) today is a modern and full-fledged university with about 10,000 full-time undergraduates, 1,900 postgraduates and 8,700 part-time students. We tailor our professional programmes to market trends and industry needs, thus providing our students with clear career paths. Our efforts and achievements in providing professional education are evidenced by the largest share in the number of subsidized places under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/ Sectors (SSSDP) in Hong Kong.
The University has joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers 220 programmes in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are more than 2,000 full-time and 2,000 part-time students studying in the Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
With the HKSAR Legislative Council's approval, The Open University of Hong Kong will be renamed as Hong Kong Metropolitan University effective from 1 September 2021, which marks the University’s unique position in metropolitan Hong Kong and points to aspiration in the 21st century.
We are now inviting application(s) for the following posts in the School of Science & Technology:
Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer (Biology / Chemistry / Environmental Science) (Ref. No.: 21001DE)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- Providing assistance in the course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom, laboratory class and field-based teaching) in related disciplines;
- Providing assistance in programme promotion activities (e.g. conducting STEM workshops and field trips, preparing programme promotion flyers etc.)
- Engaging in scholarly activities; and
- Participating in School/University activities and administration.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- A higher degree, preferably a doctorate degree in Biology / Chemistry / Environmental Science or a related discipline;
- Relevant teaching or industrial experience;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction; and
- A record of research and peer-reviewed publications is highly preferred.
Please indicate in your CV for the position that you wish to be considered.
Competitive compensation package including basic salary, end-of-contract gratuity and discretionary incentive (if any) will be offered to the right candidate. Fringe benefits such as generous annual leave, staff learning and development sponsorship, medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Application should be made online through the University's eRecruitment system.
Deadline: 18 August 2021
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in June 2021 need not re-apply.)