Lecturer in Nursing, Teaching Academic Level A/B
- Based in UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences at the Mount Gambier campus
- 2 x full-time, three (3) year fixed term contracts
- Commencement Salary: $101,784 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Based at our picturesque Mount Gambier Regional Centre, you will be involved in the coordination and teaching delivery predominantly in the Bachelor of Nursing program. Opportunities are available to contribute to a range of postgraduate course offerings, including supervision of Masters degree and HDR students. Research and scholarship are core aspects are key aspects of these roles and contribute to the Clinical and Health Science, University academic and research profile.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop and deliver courses for on campus, offshore and online teaching
- Investigate and develop alternative teaching methods and new teaching material
- Undertake course coordination duties, program planning and evaluation
- Create and enhance national and international links with community bodies
- Undertake scholarship in the areas of teaching and learning practice
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Nursing and relevant postgraduate qualification (i.e. Master of Nursing or PhD), combined with current or eligibility for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Relevant and recent clinical leadership experience in nursing
- A passion for teaching as well as experience teaching undergraduate and postgraduate nursing students, using a range of teaching methodologies
- High level interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively as part of a teaching team
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Ms Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3212.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 23 August 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.