First Veterinary Nurse, Radiology
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
ONDERSTEPOORT VETERINARY ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
FIRST VETERINARY NURSE: OVAH RADIOLOGY
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Taking of X-rays on all species (small, large and exotic animals, wildlife);
- Perform, prepare and assist with specialized procedures: CT scans, MRI scans, scintigraphy, contrast studies and ultrasound;
- Patient handling;
- Administering and monitoring of sedation and assist with monitoring of anaesthesia;
- Clinic administration (record keeping, hygiene, stock control, care of equipment, safety measures etc.);
- Continuous informal training of students and student nurses;
- Involvement in the formal practical training of veterinary nurses, including progress reporting and clinic assessments;
- Train new staff;
- After hour emergency services on a rotational basis;
- Performing relief duties in other sections in the OVAH;
- Performing shift duties.
- Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (DipCurAnim or Dip Vet Nursing) or equivalent;
- Registration with the South African Veterinary Council;
- Two years’ experience in veterinary nursing.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Ability to work under high pressure and without supervision;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously;
- Organizing abilities and a strong service orientation;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Physical mobility;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to handle conflict;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work weekends and outside normal working hours when required for continuous service delivery in the hospital.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Previous and/or current experience of one year or more in a clinic environment taking radiographs, will be an advantage.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
CLOSING DATE: 10 August 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Granny Maseko, email@example.com for application-related enquiries and contact Sr Bev Olivier, (012) 529 8189 for enquiries relating to post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.