Special Scientist Position, Researcher
Special Scientist Position (Researcher)
Title: Special Scientist Position (Researcher)
Positions: One (1)
Category: Employment with four a month contract (1/9/2021-31/12/2021)
Place of Work: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one (1) research position in the Department of Computer Science, the Xi Computer Architecture Lab, to conduct research in the field of "Electromagnetic Emanations from the Power Delivery Network of a Modern System-on-Chip".
The project «EM-RES» covers a wide range of topics related to power-delivery network voltage droops, microarchitecture and electromagnetic-emanations of a modern System-on-Chip (SoC), as well as the automatic development of programs that stress a SoC’s certain metric of interest.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting experimental research on computing systems.
- Collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Code and script development.
- Bibliographical review of the current literature.
- Writing articles for publication in conference proceedings and scientific journals.
General Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and/or postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering) from an accredited institution.
- Experience in topics relevant to Computing Systems and Computer Architecture
- Excellent programming skills (e.g., C, Python, Bash, assembly x86/ARM)
- Experience with the use of Spectrum Analyzers and Oscilloscopes
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English language.
- Experience and/or participation in European and/or other funded research projects
- Experience with the use of the Juno Development Board
- Previous publication record in technical conferences and journals
- Organizational skills (e.g., supervising students, proposals preparation)
Terms of Employment:
The monthly gross salary is estimated at €1142,30. From this amount, employee contributions will be deducted. There is no provision for 13th salary.
For full consideration interested applicants should submit the following items via email to email@example.com, no later than Wednesday, 11th of August 2021, at 23:59, which will be the last date of submission of the applications, and use the email subject line:
“Application: Special Scientist Position (Researcher): EM-RES”
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A complete curriculum vitae in English or Greek.
- A cover letter declaring their interest in their position as well as their preferred date for commencing employment
- Brief review in English or Greek of research/academic work, as well as a brief description of future scientific plans (up to 2 pages).
- Proof of their qualifications (Copies of degrees and transcripts of BSc/MSc)
- The names and contact information of two people who will be willing to provide references
- Complete contact information
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.€
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
For more information contact the Yiannakis Sazeides at firstname.lastname@example.org