Lecturer, Pharmacy, Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- $103,101 - $122,133 plus 17% superannuation
- 3 year fixed-term contract - full-time from 3/1/2022 - 30/12/2024
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
Job Reference: 754204
LECTURER – Pharmacology and Therapeutics (Full time)
Curtin School of Medicine – Pharmacy
The Curtin Medical School brings together expertise in the fields of Medicine, Pharmacy, Biomedical Sciences, Laboratory Medicine and Medical Radiation Science. The school offers the only accredited undergraduate Pharmacy course in Western Australia, as well as degrees in Medicine, Laboratory Medicine, Medical Radiation Science and a new Bachelor of Biomedical Science with majors in Molecular Genetics, Human Biomedicine and Pharmacology.
This position has responsibility for teaching Pharmacology and Therapeutics in the Pharmacy degree programs, and includes unit coordination and relevant academic leadership. The successful candidate will work with a team of academic staff in Pharmacology, Therapeutics and Pharmacy Practice disciplines. As a Teaching Academic (Clinical Professional), the successful candidate will apply their experience as a pharmacist to contribute to development of new course materials, principally for Integrated Pharmacology and Therapeutics units, and teach Bachelor and Master of Pharmacy students. Supervision of undergraduate student projects will be required as part of this role, in conjunction with experienced mentors. Involvement in Problem-Based Learning for Medical students and contributions to our Pharmacology major may be possible.
A pharmacy qualification is essential, and postgraduate qualification(s) would be advantageous. The ideal candidate will have contemporary experience as a pharmacy practitioner in Australia, including patient-focussed, clinical roles. Applicants must demonstrate an aptitude for educating tertiary students and/or healthcare practitioners.
- Deliver high quality and innovative teaching to Pharmacy students across arrange of units and levels.
- Provide clinical expertise for problem-based learning in our Integrated Pharmacology and Therapeutics units.
- Conduct learning activities online and face-to-face as appropriate, which stimulate and foster student learning.
- Be responsible for Unit Coordination and contribute to curriculum innovation and design.
- Contribute to the teaching and academic goals of the Curtin Medical School.
- Assess and provide feedback on students’ learning needs.
- Keep abreast of current discipline theory and practice and apply these in teaching and learning.
- Contribute to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment.
- Model a high standard of professional behaviour consistent with the University Code of Conduct and Vision, Mission and Values.
We are looking for someone with
- Pharmacy qualification/s and registration (or eligible) to practise as a pharmacist in Australia (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency/Pharmacy Board of Australia).
- Postgraduate qualification/s in Pharmacy (highly desirable).
- Excellent contemporary experience as a pharmacy practitioner in Australia, including patient-focussed, clinical roles and relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrated aptitude for educating tertiary students and/or pharmacists or healthcare practitioners.
- Demonstrated high-calibre communication and leadership skills.
- A track record of professional collegiality, teamwork and positive contributions to professional culture in the workplace.
- An understanding of contemporary educational practice and scholarship in learning and teaching.
- Membership of a peak professional body, e.g., PSA, SHPA (desirable).
- Australian work rights and able to commence the role in January 2022.
Why choose Curtin?
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for ongoing career development.
- In the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2020 and QS World University Rankings 2021)
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits, visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice, and seek to build an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired.
We have a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accessibility to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a query in relation to the application process, please contact our careers team on email@example.com
Applications close: 10:00 PM, Tuesday 24th August 2021
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.