Manager, Work Health and Safety, Northern Region
- Proactively lead a values-based safety culture
- Develop and implement engaging wellness and wellbeing initiatives
- Looking for a tree change? What better place than regional Bathurst with its great lifestyle opportunities
- Continuing, Full Time
- Salary commensurate with experience starting at $114,248 p.a. (plus 17% superannuation)
As Manager, Work Health and Safety (Northern Region) you are the Universitys recognised expert in health, safety and wellbeing, and principal authority in the highly complex and specialised field of workplace health and safety (WHS). You will provide strategic advice and professional internal consultancy services at all levels of the organisation, ensuring statutory compliance and other associated accountability requirements are met, and promote best practice safety management processes.
You will drive the development, implementation, monitoring, and review of strategically based and engaging health, safety and wellbeing initiatives designed to ensure legislative compliance as well as encourage and ultimately build the capability of managers and employees to support a safe and healthy workplace.
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive expertise in health, safety and wellbeing with experience in embedding a best-practice safety culture and safety management system in a complex environment.
- An experienced leader with exposure to multisite management of diverse caseloads and delivery of key WHS initiatives
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in managing Workers Compensation and Injury Management claims
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills, including proven problem solving and analytical skills to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Work Health and Safety function is responsible for promoting a healthy and safe culture at Charles Sturt University, supported by systems, policies, procedures, and audit programs, and maintaining compliance with all relevant statutory obligations.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Rick Vosila | Acting Executive Director, Division of Security, Safety and Wellbeing | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: (02) 6338 6260
Closing Date: 11 pm, 11 August 2021