Lecturer, Field Education in Social Work
School of Allied Health
Discipline of Social Work and Social Policy
- An opportunity for a passionate and collaborative academic to deliver high quality teaching, unit coordinate and supervise research students in social work
- Full time appointment on a fixed term 2 year contract
- Salary range: Level B, $102,983 - $121,864 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Discipline of Social Work and Social Policy is a leading research, teaching and service organisation whose work influences policies and practices for community health and wellbeing. Our mission statement is to ‘seek to influence policies, organisations and practice to promote social justice and decrease social exclusion through the generation and communication of knowledge
About the opportunity
In this position, you will be responsible for sourcing and securing student field placements for the Master of Social Work and Social Policy. Extensive practice experience and strong networks within the health and human service sectors is important to the success of this role. You will be motivated to deliver quality teaching and unit coordination in social work. You will also undertake research and obtain research funding, individually or in collaboration, as well as supervising research students and contribute to the academic environment of the School.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency in Social Work
- Hold, or demonstrate eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Substantial relevant experience in social work practice in a relevant industry setting
- Evidence of excellent supervision and social work students on field placements
- Experience in the provision of placements in a tertiary environment including ability to develop appropriate systems and processes in line with professional accreditation and University requirements
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: Wednesday, 11 August 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.