Position: Part-time Mathematics Instructor
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Khujand, Tajikistan
Deadline: 17 August 2021
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The Mathematics Instructor vacancy is a part-time position and requires half day engagement. The Instructor reports to the Coordinator of SPCE Khujand Learning Center and works closely with other staff members of UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching Mathematics courses based on National Tests (ENT) or SAT preparatory programs
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students
- Submitting reporting documents (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports) on time
- Ensuring high attendance of students in classes, contacting students, and reacting on their needs
- Conducting demo classes for potential students
- Ensuring high success rate of students
- Ensuring safety of equipment and furniture in the classrooms and offices
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere
- Advising student on career issues
Required Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Mathematics/Physics or related fields;
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Tajik and Russian languages, knowing of English is an advantage (for instructors of SAT courses);
- Communication Skills: Instructor must be a good communicator as he/she will be on many occasions communicating with parents and also other teaching staff;
- Instruction Skills: The Instructor will have to explain unfamiliar concepts with authority and concisely so that students can understand;
- Creativity: Teachers must find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers must work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- Teacher will need to have skills of teaching in online mode if required (using Microsoft Teams or Zoom).
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 17th, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Part-time Mathematics Instructor”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.