English Language Instructor
Position: Part-time English Language Instructor
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Khujand, Tajikistan
Deadline: 17 August 2021
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The English language Instructor vacancy is part-time. The Instructor reports to the Coordinator of Learning Centre Khujand and works closely with other staff members of UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching English courses based on Cambridge Assessment English programs
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students
- Submitting reporting documents (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports) on time
- Conducting demo lessons for potential students
- Ensuring high attendance of students in classes, contacting students, and reacting on their needs
- Ensuring high success rate of students
- Ensuring safety of equipment and furniture in the classrooms and offices
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere
Required Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in teaching English;
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience, especially teaching children;
- Professional qualifications are preferable (TKT Cambridge/Celta/Delta/TESOL)
- Communication Skills: Instructor must be a good communicator as he/she will be on many occasions communicating with parents and also other teaching staff;
- Instruction Skills: The Instructor will have to explain unfamiliar concepts with authority and concisely so that students can understand;
- Writing Skills: Writing skills are critical.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 17th, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Part-time English Language Instructor”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.