Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Behavioural Financial Economics
- Opportunity to use large financial datasets and apply your expertise in behavioural economics and applied microeconomics
- Located at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and at the University of Sydney, Camperdown
- Full time fixed term (one-year) until August 2022 offering a base salary of $110K p.a., and generous employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
The position is part of a new collaborative project with the Commonwealth Bank exploring the spending and saving habits of Australians. In partnership with the CBA Behavioural Economics team, the project will explore innovations in the financial products and communications to shed light on the role of financial and behavioural factors that govern spending and saving decisions of individuals and the impact on customer well-being. The position will provide access wile onsite to CBA datasets and resources from the Commonwealth Bank. There will be opportunities to design and conduct experimental tests of new tools and approaches to help individuals improve their financial wellbeing.
This position is based at both the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) and in the School of Economics within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Sydney (http://sydney.edu.au/arts/economics/).
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Behavioural Financial Economics who have:
- completed or near completion (within 3 months) PhD in Economics, Finance or a related discipline
- a strong research interest in applied microeconomics generally, and household finance, behavioural economics and experimental design in particular
- demonstrated ability in micro-econometric analysis of large-scale survey and administrative data
- expertise in programming using R
- the ability to conduct independent economic research and assume responsibility for the development and completion of research papers
- demonstrated ability to work as part of a research team, and work with other members of staff to meet the aims and deadlines of a project
- a track record in research and writing and the potential to develop further research expertise through various projects
- the ability to communicate research findings and theories to a non-technical audience
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Australian Temporary Residents may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Postdoctoral-Research-Fellow-in-Behavioural-Financial-Economics_0083505-1 on the University external careers site to apply.
Closing Date: Monday 16th August
Note. Standard closing time is midnight
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.