Research Assistant, Lee Kong Chian School of Business
- Full Time | Contract
- Bachelor Degree | Masters
- Singapore | Closing On 22 Aug 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Retrieving data from the SQL database
- Working with physicians and nurses to extracting variables from text data
- Reviewing the literature and exploring decision-making problems in ICU
- Analyzing the problems using the ICU data with statistical and empirical methods
- Developing mathematical models to optimize the decisions and calibrating the models using the ICU data
- Writing reports and research papers
- Undergraduate or master's degree in mathematics, industrial engineering, computer science, or operations management.
- Familiar with Ubuntu system, PostgreSQL, Python, R, Stata, SPSS, MATLAB; Knowledge in statistics, machine learning, and econometrics; Experience in healthcare research and mathematical modelling