Research Fellow, Chemistry
The successful candidate will work with Asst/P Amy Li Hao on deciphering how microbial enzymes and their associated molecules structure the human environments under a NMRC-funded project on functional investigation of human microbiome secretory enzymes in common dermatological diseases
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Design and perform experiments to investigate the roles of microbial enzymes in human health and disease. The candidate will be expected to execute projects independently.
- Scientific writing.
- Supervising students.
- Presenting research to academic audience and the public.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related Life Science fields.
The following skills are highly preferred:
- Molecular Biology techniques related to DNA and RNA identification and quantification such as qPCR and next generation sequencing.
- Microbiology culture, including techniques related to microbial identification and phenotypic assays.
- Biochemical enzyme assays, including small molecule inhibitor screens.
- Recombinant protein expression
- Chemical synthesis of small molecules
- We are open to new PhD graduates with no prior post-doctoral experience.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No