Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Foundational Mathematics
DEPARTMENT: Department of Foundational Mathematics
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Foundational Mathematics
POSITION TITLE: Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
LOCATION: Suzhou Campus
SALARY: Salary is based on experience and qualification. The scales for the salary are:
- Associate Professor: 36,127 - 38,967 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 42,705 RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post).
- Assistant Professor: 29,046 - 31,993 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post).
- Lecturer: 23,150- 25,594/month (with the opportunity to go to 28,615 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: Aug 1st 2021
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 30th September 2021
JOB ID: 2075
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are looking for future colleagues who can
- Deliver lectures of Calculus, Linear Algebra, Statistics and mathematical modelling in English to UG Year 1 students.
- Undertake appropriate research, including scientific research in mathematical sciences and pedagogical research in the teaching of university mathematics.
- Provide administrative service to the department and university committees.
Preference will be given to applicants who have shown outstanding promise in research and teaching. It is important to note that a successful applicant must be able to teach in English as XJTLU’s working and instructional language is English.
- A PhD degree in mathematics or a closely aligned discipline is required.
- Ideally few years of teaching/research experience at a university or equivalent after completion of PhD degree.
- Publications record in an area of expertise.
- Good communication skills and strong team player.
- High sense of responsibility.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong knowledge/experience in international higher education.