Teaching Lecturer in Chemistry
DEPARTMENT: Department of Chemistry
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry
POSITION TITLE: Teaching Lecturer
LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS
SALARY: Salary is based on experience and qualification.
Teaching Lecturer: 23,150 - 25,594 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 28,615 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: August 1st, 2021
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2021, however hiring will continue until the positions are filled
JOB ID: 1790
CONTRACT TYPE: full-time, 3-year contract (renewable) and 3rd contract is open-ended
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The chemistry Department was first established in 2010. The Department currently delivers one undergraduate BSc programme in ‘Applied Chemistry’ and one Master programme ‘MRes in Advanced Chemistry’. In 2017 our BSc in Applied Chemistry programme was accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry, the first RSC accreditation of its kind in China.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
We are looking for future colleagues who can
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate students,
- Provide administrative service to the department and university committees.
- Assistance with development and implementation of teaching programmes
Preference will be given to applicants who have shown outstanding promise in research and demonstrating. It is important to note that a successful applicant must be able to teach in English as XJTLU’s working and instructional language is English.
- Proficiency in English, working in an English-speaking working environment
- A PhD in a life science-related subject or close to completion
- Extensive laboratory-based experimental research experience
- Experience in teaching laboratory modules
- Experience in teaching tutorials
- Evidence of successful research achievements to date, including for example the publication of high impact research papers or patents.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Evidence of ability to provide leadership and initiative.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with external academic or industrial partners.
- Evidence of planning skills to contribute to the research project
- Experience in conducting research supported by national level research funds.
- Experience in academic laboratory programme design and development.
- Experience in a bilingual environment
Salary is matched with the candidate’s experience.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may not be eligible for PRC work visa.
Please submit your applications online
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References (at least a reference from current or most recent employer. Preferably current employer *and* last employer)
Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
If you are unable to apply on-line, please contact the Human Resource Office.