Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position
Workplace: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 1 year contract (with possible extension), non-academic
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: Ideally 1 October, 2021, precise date is negotiable, also taking into account immigration timelines for non EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Pay: CZK 45000 gross per month
Application Deadline: 10 08 2021
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the Faculty of Science MU invites applications for
research position in the team of applied nonlinear dynamics.
Key Duties: The researcher will join the research team of Lenka Přibylová, within applied nonlinear dynamics, bifurcation theory and chaos theory http://www.math.muni.cz/english/structure/section-modelling-and-statistics-.html. The research of the team develops semi-analytical and numerical methods for computing bifurcation manifolds that separate areas with qualitatively different dynamics and are thus related to significant parameter boundaries; transitions between regions with different dynamics (due to changes of parameters, changes in system structure or changes of initial conditions) cause typical nonlinear phenomena as extinction, synchronization, hysteresis, bistability phenomena, transient dynamics, chaos etc. in various fields (biochemistry, neuroscience, ecology, epidemiology etc.). The researcher will conduct research in applied nonlinear dynamics, possibly including, but not limited to, some of the topics listed above.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- Strong background in bifurcation theory and applied nonlinear dynamics
- Good publication record
- A PhD degree in mathematics or related areas (or be close to obtaining one)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Jan Slovak, email email@example.com, phone +420 54949 7060.
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 6 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, discounted language courses, university cinema discount, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone, childcare group-Campus
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- International Staff Office provides support with your relocation to Brno
The application shall be submitted online by 7 August 2021 via an e-application, please find the reference to the e-application in the beginning and end of the advertisement.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter describing candidate's research interest and experience
- Summary of research outputs and publications
- Arrange at least two reference letters to be sent to Jan Slovak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!