Research Associate, Physiology
The Mitochondrial Physiology and Metabolism Laboratory in the Department of Phsyiology at NUS,Singapore invites application from suitable candidates for a Research Associate position inmitochondrial biology. The research in our laboratory aims at understanding the physiological andphysiological role of mitochondrial calcium in regulating bioenergetics, through in-vitro and in-vivo model systems. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in exciting researchutilizing cutting-edge and advanced techniques. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to drive a new research project on neuronalmitochondrial calcium homeostasis.
The applicant should
- possess BSc/MSc in biomedical sciences,genomics, physiology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or a related discipline;
- becomfortable with interdisciplinary studies and the use of cutting-edge, state-of-the-art technologies in biomedical research;
- have basic computer skills; knowledge of large scale bioinformatics data analysis is desirable;
- prior experience in handling rodents and/or performing physiologicalexperiments preferred, but not required;
- be an organized and responsible person;
- should beable to write research manuscripts, compile, processes and analyzes data; performs supervisory andtraining duties.Should performs other duties as assigned.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Physiology
Employee Referral Eligible: No