Research Fellow, Dean's Office, Medicine
Roles & Responsibilities
The lab of Dr. Yu Haojie in Precision Medicine Research Program at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/bch/faculty/yu-haojie/) is seeking a highly-motivated candidate to fill an open postdoctoral role exploring lipid metabolism in cardio-metabolic diseases.
The mission of Yu lab is to find new therapeutic strategies for atherosclerotic coronary artery disease. We use cutting-edge technologies such as single cell sequencing, functional genomics and CRISPR/Cas9-based screening, to understand how alterations in lipid metabolism and trafficking contribute to atherosclerotic plaque progression and regression.
- A PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or related field.
- Extensive experience in molecular biology and mouse work as demonstrated by a first author publication in a relevant scientific journal.
- Willingness to work with mice.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability to work independently to design and troubleshoot experiments.
- Positive attitude and strong motivation.
Preference will be given to candidates with prior in vivo mouse experience or prior experience with metabolism or cardiovascular research.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV and 3 reference letters.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No