Scientific Associate in project coordination
As a university of excellence, the Technische Universität Dresden is one of the leading universities in Germany and is one of the 100 most innovative universities in the world. Based on the strategic research fields of the university, the focus of the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is on finding innovative approaches and solutions for the global challenges of our time. The international community continues to face urgent global climate and environmental problems, where their importance for a sustainable development has been made even more obvious during the ongoing pandemic. In this context, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is funding the establishment of Global Centers for the interdisciplinary exchange among science, politics, business and civil society for an effective transfer of research results into practice. The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at TU Dresden with partners from RWTH Aachen University, the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (Chennai, India), the Asian Institute of Technology (Bangkok, Thailand) and the Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources of the United Nations University (UNU-FLORES) in Dresden is creating a “Global Water and Climate Adaptation Center”. This ABCD Center (after the first letters of the 4 participating locations in 3 countries on 2 continents) will deal with climate adaptation measures in the Global South, especially in the water sector.
At the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering and Technical Hydromechanics, the Chair of Hydraulic Engineering offers a position as
Scientific Associate in project coordination
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at the earliest possible date. The position is limited until December 31, 2025. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG).
- scientific coordination of an international joint project with partners in India, Thailand and Germany
- responsible for financial planning, scientific controlling and project monitoring
- oversight of the scholarship program: selection and allocation of scholarships for students and doctoral candidates from the Global South and Germany
- coordination of the work of the Steering Committee
- planning and implementation of communication and public relation activities, including implementation and administration of digital platforms and social media
- representation of the project in public
- planning and implementation of regular project events, including virtual formats and the acquisition and management of external service providers
- support of scientific cooperation activities between the partners involved, including the acquisition of additional third-party funds for research and development
- contribution to the processing of scientific questions in the project and the opportunity of supervising relevant theses
- support of activities of knowledge transfer in society, politics and economy
- support of activities for the development of a new international Master’s course on the subject of "Water Security and Global Change"
- implementation of a project-specific sustainability concept
- regular reporting to the funding agency (DAAD)
- main responsibility for the digital reporting platform provided by the DAAD
- implementation of all activities in close cooperation with every partner institution involved
- university degree in civil engineering, environmental science, water management
- a doctorate (with a clear reference to topics of climate change adaption in the water sector as a benefit)
- several years of experience in scientific project management in an international context, usually proven through a relevant doctorate degree
- proficiency regarding the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations (SDGs), especially in relation the water sector and processes of climate change adaptation
- working knowledge of third-party funding management at German universities and the corresponding administrative guidelines as well as procurement law
- excellent communication skills with strong intercultural competence for the exchange within the project consortium and for external communication (ideally with experience in India and/or Thailand)
- fluency in German and English (knowledge of Hindi and/or Thai is an advantage)
- high affinity for digital solutions in public relations, university teaching, research as well as in project management and monitoring
- confident handling of the usual software solutions for office communication
- above-average level of commitment, team spirit, willingness to cooperate, pronounced service orientation, flexibility and the ability to work independently and responsibly
- communication oriented professional with strong organizational skills
- willingness for regular international business trips (including suitability for the tropics)
- experience in working on academic exchange or university cooperation and/or postgraduate course development in an international context is an advantage.
TU Dresden seeks to specifically support persons with disabilities and therefore asks them to provide relevant information when submitting their application. In case of equal suitability, people with severe disabilities or those with equivalence to the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will be preferred for employment.
Please send your application with the required documents by July 30, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the SecureMail Portal of TU Dresden https://securemail.tu-dresden.de as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org or to TU Dresden, Fakultät Bauingenieurwesen, Institut für Wasserbau und Technische Hydromechanik, Professur für Wasserbau, Prof. Dr. Jürgen Stamm, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the German version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/8591.