Research Fellow, Family Medicine
The Department of Family Medicine at NUHS was established in February 2018. In addition to undergraduate and postgraduate education, we wish to build Family Medicine and Primary Care research capabilities and capacities. Some of the themes of our research will be in chronic diseases, aged care, cancer care and mental health within the primary care setting.
We are looking to appoint a Research Fellow to support the Primary care research programs.
The Research Fellow will:
- Conduct independent research in one or more of the following areas such as: Chronic diseases, aged care, mental health, and cancer care
- Provide support to other academic staff in the preparation of new grant proposals, conference and seminar presentations
- Assist in the management of research activities including manuscript writing.
- Interact with interdisciplinary teams to build research capacity amongst our primary care partners.
- Supervise/mentor other research staff by conducting research workshops and seminars.
- Be a lead member of the research committee within the Department of Family Medicine
- Must have some experience and passion for primary care research
- Successful candidate will have PhD doctoral qualifications in a health related discipline not necessarily in Family Medicine and Primary Care
- Possess quantitative and qualitative research skills (mixed methods and some statistical skills would be desirable)
- Experience in teaching research methods to a wide ranges of learners.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- High Level interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
The position is full-time for 2 years in the first instance, depending on project commitments and candidates’ career objectives.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No