Special Scientist/Phd, Department of Accounting and Finance
Title: Special Scientist/Phd
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: Up to one (1) year contract (subject to renewal)
Location: Department of Accounting and Finance, University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Accounting and Finance of the University of Cyprus invites applications for one (1) full time Special Scientist/ position for the needs of the Internal Research Program in the field of International Capital Markets Research and enrolment at the Department's doctoral program.
The employment will be for a period of up to one year, with the possibility of renewal until the completion of the PhD studies, based on satisfactory performance and funding resources.The monthly employer cost will come up to €1.200 (€1.044,39 monthly gross amount). From this amount employee and employer contribution to the various governmental funds will be deducted. The program does not provide 13th salary. Candidates without a Ph.D degree will have to meet the qualifications for admission to the doctoral program of the Department, in Finance and Accounting. Candidates with a relevant Ph.D degree maybe remunerated with a greater amount.
- MSc. degree in Finance or Accounting or Economics or Mathematics/Statistics or Computer Science or Engineering or in any related field (or to obtain the M.Sc degree before the deadline of this application).
- Excellent command of the English language
- Very good knowledge and use of statistical or econometric methods and programming (e.g. SAS, SPSS, STATA, EViews, R, Matlab, Python, C++) and related software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of Prof. Irene Karamanou and Andreas Charitou, the selected candidate is expected to have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Promoting the actions required by the program.
- Preparing the required program-related reports.
- Any other relevant work that the Program Coordinator will assign to the Special Scientist
Interested parties are requested to submit:
- full curriculum vitae (in English)
- copies of degrees and analytical grades report
- names of two people (at least one academic) from whom recommendations may be requested.
Interested candidates should submit the required items electronically (firstname.lastname@example.org, Mrs. Evgenia Tsinti, tel. 22893605) to the Department of Accounting and Finance, University of Cyprus, PO Box 20537, 1678 Nicosia, by the August 17th, 2021
For more information, please contact Prof. Irene Karamanou (email: email@example.com),
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3- member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).