Research Fellow, Data Science, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for one highly motivated Research Fellow to study potential mechanisms of preterm labour using epidemiological and clinical trial data in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. A/Prof Chan Shiao-Yng’s (email@example.com) research team is involved in understanding placental and fetal development in normal and pathological pregnancies, preterm labour and implications for the developmental origins of health and disease (DOHaD). The appointment will be for 1 year in the first instance, with the possibility of extension to 3 years depending on progress and available funding.
Purpose of the post
We are seeking highly motivated PhD graduates with a background in epidemiology and/or data science, with an interest in endocrinology, pregnancy and in utero development. The successful candidate will help to design studies, analyse data, write papers and grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will undertake research aimed at exploring the endocrinology and pathophysiology of preterm labour and other pregnancy complications.
The candidate will be expected to:
- clean, organize, assimilate, and analyse clinical and laboratory data to address both hypothesis-driven and data-driven translational research questions.
- generate predictive algorithms and perform in silico testing of interventions.
- support PI and work alongside other members of the team, who are working in basic science, epidemiology and clinical trials.
- assist in applications for ethical approval, develop protocols, conduct literature searches, and assist in preparing presentations, progress and final reports;
- maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The candidates are required to demonstrate that they
- have the relevant scientific understanding and experience; Ph.D. degree in Epidemiology/Data Sciences or a closely related field. Experience with basic bioinformatics and biostatistics is desirable.
- have a proven track record in research in the form of publications in top English language journals;
- highly self-motivated and have the ability to communicate in good written and spoken English;
- are able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- previous experience in clinical research and management are ideal
- have previous experience in uteroplacental or pregnancy research (highly preferred).
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations, information on years of experience in research & laboratory work and full contact information of 3 referees).
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No