La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship, OrthoSport Victoria
This scholarship, which has been established by La Trobe University in partnership with OrthoSport Victoria, will be awarded to an outstanding applicant who is interested in improving outcomes from anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery.
As an applicant you should have an interest in orthopaedic surgery, biomechanics, rehabilitation, or the factors that influence return to sport after injury. Your project will involve assessment of patients following surgery and will require you to divide your time between OrthoSport Victoria (Richmond) and La Trobe University (Bundoora).
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- A La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,597.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2021 rate)
- A fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- Relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply? To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by Research standard of 75 or above
- are an Australian and New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow Step 3 on our research application page – please ensure you submit a full application for scholarship and candidature.
Please note: As part of your application you are not required to identify a potential supervisor – identification of a supervisor will occur as part of the assessment process.
In your application, clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for the La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship with OrthoSport Victoria.
You will be required to have a police check and Working With Childrens Check prior to commencing the position (to be paid for by the applicant).
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe University and OrthoSport Victoria representatives.
The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
You will be advised of an outcome in August 2021.
La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship - OrthoSport Victoria – closes 30 July 2021. Open to domestic applicants only. Please do not apply via this page as your application will not be accepted.