Senior Research Fellow, Recycling and BIPV
- Process control and optimization for PV module recycling using high voltage shockwave equipment.
- Maintenance of shockwave equipment with high voltage power system in the PV module recycling project.
- Lead several building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) projects and/or infrastructure integrated photovoltaic projects, including project coordination with various stakeholders, managing project timeline, system design and setting up the electrical system (both grid-tied and off-grid).
- PLC design and programming to setup a smart grid system that communicate with the PV system, Energy Storage System (ESS) and loads for smart demand/response function, for tracking the maximum power point of solar system installed in the off-grid BIPV projects.
- Analyse data on solar electricity generated and find correlation with affecting parameters such as wind speed, irradiance, and weather parameters.
- Innovate and optimize BIPV design for higher efficiency, easier maintenance, and with higher ROI to promote BIPV adoption in the market.
- Conduct economic feasibility study for BIPV integration.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or equivalent area.
- Possess at least 5 years of working experience.
- Experienced in power electronics, preferably with experience on setting up off-grid solar system.
- Experienced in device communication, familiar with various device communication protocols such as Modbus TCP/IP, RS485, and CAN2.0B.
- Experienced in PLC design and programming.
- Good and efficient data analysis and data cleaning skill sets, familiar with using Python, Matlab, JMP or relevant software for data analysis.
- Good project management skills, preferably with actual project management experience from start to end of a project.
- Able to lead a team and liaise effectively with external stakeholders and collaborators to ensure smooth project progression.
- Experience with thermodynamics modelling and simulation on PV system will be a plus point.
- Strong research profile with extensive publication record.
- Experience in writing proposals and grant applications.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department: Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 6841