We have a vacancy for a research engineer in the fields of energy and environmental systems modelling and analysis, operations research with application to environmental sciences or other related quantitative research fields.
This project aims to develop a optimization-based models to support urban cities sustainability through the promotion of circular economy. These can include operations research based models, simulation models etc. You are expected to work with a group of other researchers from various to develop the system models, including web-based applications.
You are also expected to communicate with potential users of the developed systems (technology experts, government agencies, and companies) to understand local policy and business requirements. As such, good communication and coordination skill is a plus. Finally, you are expected to publish research journal articles of relevance to the project.
- Possess a Bachelor or Masters degree in the fields of energy or environmental systems modelling, operations research, computer science or other related quantitative research fields
- At least 1 years of research experience in one of the fields of above
- Experience in methodologies such as optimization modelling, simulation modelling. Interest in energy and environmental issues.
- Published in reputable operations research, energy, environmental and/or systems modelling related journals
- Comfortable with python programming
- Experience in web development is a strong bonus
- Have a strong written and oral command of the English language
- Good team player across multiple disciplines
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute