Assistant Professor, Dental Hygiene
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to a robust TVET higher education institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Established to meet the ambitious and visionary goals of the State of Qatar, CNA-Q is a partnership between the State of Qatar and the College of the North Atlantic in Canada. CNA-Q, a national technical college, fills the State’s need for graduates who have applied technical training in their fields of study.
The state-of-the-art campus hosts around 600 staff and 3000 students. CNA-Q is the third largest post-secondary institution in Qatar, offering 34 advanced diploma, diploma, and certificate programs in a range of technical areas including Business Management, Information Technology, Engineering Technology, Industrial Trades, Health Sciences, and General Education. In September 2020, the College started offering its first Applied Bachelor Programs, which provide a high-quality mix of theory and applied analytical vocational and occupational skills and competences, coupled with career-oriented, practical education and training. Since CNA-Q’s inception, the College has graduated thousands of alumni who are proudly contributing to a knowledge-based economy!
The School of Health Science invites applications for position of Assistant Professor in the Dental Hygiene program.
Reporting to the Department Chair, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of courses in Dental Hygiene within the School of Health Sciences. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage and control projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the College and beyond.
A PhD, or an equivalent terminal Degree, in Dentistry, Dental Hygiene or Dental-related field from an accredited academic institution, and current licensure/registration with a recognized registry/licensure body. Postdoctoral training and several years of teaching along with 5 years of employment experience as a Dental Practitioner/Professional. Additionally, candidates should have recognition for the following:
- Recent publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals;
- Contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice, which would be expected to be international in its scope;
- Contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development;
- Professional recognition and standing amongst peers;
- Academic subject leadership or academic management.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education).
- Record of successful participation in applied research projects.
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology based project.
Other Required Skills:
- Instructor certification and experience delivering Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and CPR/First Aid courses.
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate.
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning.
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include but is not limited to curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.