The College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Economics, Tourism and data analysis.
Requirements: Good command of English and knowledge of STATA. We welcome applications from candidates who have an interest in applied and quantitative economics. The project will feature parallel processing of many standard data as well as working with gravity dataset. We particularly value interest in empirical analyses, especially in empirical macroeconomics, and panel data.
Tasks: Candidate’s duties will include management of day-to-day activities of research projects, conduct literature reviews, perform data analyses and data cleaning, merging different datasets and estimating the models using STATA. The candidate will also be responsible for coding, data management, and data analysis. Highly motivated applicants with experience in the designated area and having a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree, and preferably with a technical background, are invited to submit their applications for the position.
An individual having a BSc Degree in Economics with a keen interest in data analysis.
Preferred Qualification Qualifications
- High moral values and ethics, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Willingness to grow exponentially by learning new technical and economic topics and analytics software tools.
- Genuine interest in empirical economics and data analysis.
- BSc. or MSc. Degree.
- A good knowledge of econometrics and the use of STATA for data analysis.
- Knowledge and application of topics in Economics and Tourism, either by education or through work experience.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Office software.
- Advanced and demonstrated academic writing skills (work portfolio of project reports may be requested).
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Innovation in Govt. & Society-(CBE)
Job Close Date 31-07-2021
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant
Salary 4000-5000 AED per month