Department Chair, Chemical Engineering Technology
- Full Time
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of the Qatar National Vision, 2030.
The School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades invites applications for positions of Department Chair, Chemical Engineering Technology.
The Department Chair is responsible for working with the Dean/Associate Dean in developing, managing and facilitating the school’s curriculum development, learning, decision making and governance; developing the academic programs within the mission of the college; preparing and proposing budget requests; establishing teaching schedules in accordance with the Academic Plan; supervising the attendance, time commitments, and work assignments of department faculty and staff; supporting the students to achieve their educational goals and enhance their learning.
The Department Chair is also responsible for assisting the Dean/Associate Dean in leadership, supervision and direction for the Department and its staffing; conducting performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and grievance redressal; promoting the College’s vision of inclusive excellence; providing effective faculty orientations and mentoring; providing effective classroom instruction and delivery of courses; and carrying out student performance evaluations and implementing improvement actions required to enhance student learning; and acting as an academic advisor for students.
PhD in chemical engineering from a recognized, internationally accredited institution.
- 7+ years of practical industrial employment experience
- 5+ years of academic experience, as well as experience in a supervisory/management role within the relevant discipline
- Exemplary post-secondary teaching or educational development experience where applied, industry-aligned programs are offered.
- Demonstrated leadership in post-secondary administration in a similar leadership position
- Strong knowledge of and substantial experience with the development, delivery, evaluation and program accreditation of college or university programs.
- Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects.
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects.
Other Required Skills
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
- Ability to initiate applied research projects.
How to Apply
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include (but need not be limited to) curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.