Senior Team Administrator
Senior Team Administrator
Job ID: 023827
Salary: £32,676- £35,366 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
Closing date: 07-July-2021
Business unit: Social Science & Public Policy Department: Policy Institute at King's
Contact details: Jessica Marcos , email@example.com
Strand Campus Professional and support services
King’s College London is looking for an exceptional Senior Team Administator to work across two of its most high-profile institutes within the Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy: the Policy Institute & the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership.
More specifically, the post holder, will work to deliver and coordinate administrative support for the ESRC funded project on how research value is created and assessed in the UK, US and Australia, and will support the general business operations for the Global Institute for Women’s leadership (GIWL).
An interest in gender and public policy issues would be beneficial and given the range of research areas covered by the role, and the need to work across different teams, the successful candidate will need to be organised, flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and willing to pitch in with a variety of tasks when needed.
This post will be offered on a full time, fixed term role for 3 years.
- Global Institute for Women’s Leadership responsibilities
- To work as a Hiring Manager on recruitment paperwork and campaigns, liaising with HR and the Institute Business Manager as and when required.
- To work with the GIWL team in assisting with the weekly team planner and planning of regular team meetings.
- To co-manage the diary for the Chair of GIWL, coordinating events and meetings with the respective offices in the UK and Australia and preparing effective meeting briefings as and when required.
- To work with the GIWL Director with the spend management app for the KCL purchasing card, uploading receipts, and coding the expenditure according to the correct project codes and account codes.
- To assist the Institute Business Manager with any GIWL executive education administrative task; booking rooms, setting agendas, ordering catering, booking accommodation, paying invoices etc
- To assist the Director of GIWL and course convenor with the administration of the module delivery for the new Global Leadership MSc.
- To book travel for the team using the King’s travel supplier Key Travel and ensure correct insurance documentation is completed by staff and they are aware of relevant KCL travel policies.
- To oversee activity to ensure that the team have the appropriate space and equipment needed in accordance with their roles.
- To manage the induction process for new team members and ensure mandatory training is completed.
- To provide general administrative support for health and safety processes and procedures.
ESRC project responsibilities
- To manage daily administrative functions of the ESRC project.
- To liaise with the research team and collaborators to define outcomes and timelines of the project.
- To effectively use the Business World financial system to create financial reconciliations, raise POs, add new suppliers and customers and process invoices.
- To manage project data and reporting on outcomes.
- To coordinate and administering internal and external meetings.
- To coordinate conferences and events; booking rooms, liaising with central teams and participants, booking catering, setting agendas etc.
- To update the project website, manage the SharePoint and social media sites.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- An ability and interest in learning new IT systems and programmes as required for the role (such as Unit4, Teams, other online booking and ordering systems)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with a high standard of English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with a wide variety of people in a professional and assured manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities in a busy, pressured work environment
- The capacity to handle confidential matters with discretion
- High level of numeracy and experience of dealing with budgetary and financial processes
- Experience of delivering an efficient and effective service to stakeholders
- Proactive, methodical, flexible approach with attention to detail
- Previous experience in an administrative and/or business support role in a busy HE environment
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Strong interest and experience working in an area related to policy and /or gender diversity.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion are core values at the Policy Institute. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered and comfortable in the workplace.