Research Assistant, Level ARA
- Based in UniSA Justice and Society at the City West campus
- Part-time (0.6 FTE), two year fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $72,218 (plus superannuation)
About the Role
As the Research Assistant you will provide research support to the Australian Research Council Laureate funded Psychosocial Safety Climate (PSC) Global Observatory. You will proactively support and contribute to high quality research, competitive research grant activities, and participate in research concentrations and relevant collaborative forums, to deliver high quality research outcomes.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Undertake reviews and identify, collect and analyse statistical data
- Provide editorial support in production of papers
- Conduct comprehensive literature, media, website and archival searches; including the preparation of literature reviews and analysis of research data
- Provide support in completing ethics applications and collecting, analysing, and preparing data in the development of tender submissions, grant applications, reports and scholarly articles
- Actively participate in the PSC Global Observatory and other relevant collaborative forums
Essential Skills and Experience
- A relevant degree or honours degree in psychology
- Experience in undertaking scoping reviews
- Ability to locate, analyse, compile, and edit relevant literature and research data for the production of research reports, conference papers, and manuscripts for refereed journals
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a diverse team, and to establish effective relationships
- Quantitative research skills including experience using statistical packages such as SPSS and MPlus
- Experience in the use of qualitative methods including interviews and focus groups
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sarah Doyle, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 3103.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 1 July 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.