Postdoctoral Fellowships in Psychology
About the position
One to two positions as postdoctoral fellow in psychology are available at the Department of Psychology (NTNU).
We are looking for candidates with a strong research interest who wish to pursue research on a self-chosen topic within psychology.
A postdoctoral fellowship is a qualification position with the main objective to qualify for work in academic positions.
The appointment is a fulltime position and is made for a period of three years, 33% of the position is devoted to required duties, usually in the form of teaching activities according to the Department of Psychology’s need.
You must be able to start in the position within a reasonable time after receiving the offer.
It is a prerequisite that you can be present at and accessible to the institution on a daily basis.
Required selection criteria
- You must hold a Norwegian doctoral degree, or a corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree, within psychology or a related area. PhD-students may apply, if they can document that their PhD work has been submitted for assessment by the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- You must be fluent in a Scandinavian language or English .
- You must provide a research proposal of up to 5 pages (incl. reference list). The research proposal must have a clear foundation in psychology and must contain a detailed description of how the project/projects will be carried out. The research proposal must include a progress plan describing the project’s main activities and milestones. Moreover, the applicant must provide a dissemination plan that includes the planned scientific articles. For each of these articles, applicants must clarify the specific research problems and/or hypotheses, the data sets and/or materials, the choice of method and potential target journals. The originality of the planned scientific articles must also be explained. It is expected that the candidate will be able to complete the research project within the appointment period.
In the assessment of the candidates the following qualifications will be emphasized:
- The research proposal’s quality and relevance.
- The project’s relevance to the research strategy described in NTNU’s strategy 2018 - 2025 - Knowledge for a better world, and the strategy of the Department of Psychology.
- The project must be related to or relevant to already existing research groups at the department.
- Experience from research documented by publications and work with previous research projects.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant.
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment - DORA.
Personal skills such as determination, flexibility, excellent cooperation skills and motivation to contribute to a good work environment, will be emphasized.
In the process of evaluating and choosing the best-qualified candidate, emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s educational and academic qualifications, personal suitability, and motivation for the position.
- Good salary conditions
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- Favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The employment period is 3 years. Postdoctoral candidates are placed in code 1352, and are normally remunerated at 545 300 NOK per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU. After the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
Under the Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova), your name, age, position and municipality may be made public even if you have requested not to have your name entered on the list of applicants.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Head of Department Ute Gabriel (email@example.com). If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Nine Jonstad (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The city of Trondheim is a modern European city with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is the innovation capital of Norway with a population of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, including healthcare, schools, kindergartens and overall equality, is probably the best of its kind in the world. Professional subsidized day-care for children is easily available. Furthermore, Trondheim offers great opportunities for education (including international schools) and possibilities to enjoy nature, culture and family life and has low crime rates and clean air quality.
About the application
The application must include:
- Research proposal and dissemination plan (up to 5 pages including the reference list)
- CV and publication list
- Recommendations and diplomas (applicants who have not yet received their PhD diploma, must either document that the defense of the PhD thesis is completed and approved or that the PhD work has been submitted for assessment).
- The applicant’s five most important publications
Publications and other academic works that the applicant would like to be considered in the evaluation must accompany the application. Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify the individual applicant's contribution to joint works, the applicant must include a brief description of his or her contribution.
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered in the evaluation. Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters.
Diploma Supplement is required to attach for European Master Diplomas outside Norway. Chinese applicants are required to provide confirmation of Master Diploma from China Credentials Verification (CHSI).
Please refer to the application number SU-604 when applying.
Application deadline: 30.09.2021
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Psychology
Our research and teaching are based on five perspectives: biological, cognitive, social, personality and developmental psychology. We offer a clinical programme in psychology as well as study programmes in the psychology of learning and in work and organizational psychology. We have also three outpatient clinics in which we treat patients as part of the clinical programme. The Department of Psychology is one of seven departments in the Faculty of Social and Educational Sciences.
Deadline 30th September 2021
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Scope Fulltime (2 jobs)
Place of service Trondheim