Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Psychology
Salary: £29,645 per annum pro rata - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Wednesday 30 June 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 13 July 2021
Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant in the Department of Psychology
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic, friendly, and talented research assistant to work in the Language and Reading Acquisition (LARA) lab. The successful candidate will contribute to research across a number of projects on language and literacy development, including the Reading and Vocabulary project. With supervision, you will be responsible for collecting, analysing and writing up data, as well as contributing to research design and programming. The post will involve liaising with children and adolescents, their parents/caregivers and school staff to collect data in schools and at the department. The post will provide excellent training and experience for those interested in pursuing a career in developmental psychology, educational psychology, speech and language therapy or teaching.
You will have:
- At least a 2:i first degree (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in psychology or a closely related discipline
- Quantitative research experience in the school setting
- Experience of working with school staff to conduct research with children
- Knowledge of language and literacy development and research
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with children and their caregivers
- An enthusiastic, friendly, and professional manner and a strong ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven time-management and organisational skills
- Willingness to obtain DBS clearance to work with children (essential)
This is a part-time post, available from 23 August 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter for a fixed term until 31 March 2021, with the possibility of extension. This post is based in Egham, Surrey where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Dr Jessie Ricketts on email@example.com or +44 (0)1784 414 623.
To find out more about the LARA lab, see: http://pc.rhul.ac.uk/sites/lara/
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the reference: 0621-178
Closing Date: Midnight, 30 June 2021
Interview Date: 13 July 2021
Please note that it will not be possible for the College to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship for successful candidates as the pro-rata salary will not meet the minimum threshold set by UK Visas and Immigration. Successful candidates will therefore need to be eligible to work in the UK or have limited leave to remain in the UK and associated right to work for the duration of their employment with the College, in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.