Assistant Visa Compliance Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile Student Support - Visa Compliance
Contract Type Permanent
This International Office post will focus on the operational aspects of complying with BPP’s sponsor duties under Student Route of the Points Based System.
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues across the university to develop, implement and review processes aimed at ensuring BPP University complies fully with our Student sponsor duties and therefore is eligible to retain Student Sponsor status.
It will also be necessary for the post holder to liaise regularly with students and maintain up to date records for all of BPPs registered students on Tier 4/Student visa.
Candidates will be expected to have good communication and interpersonal skills and ideally have experience working in a customer services or an administrative role. Experience of the UK Higher education sector and UK immigration regulations will be required for the role.
- To work closely with the International Recruitment and Admissions teams to provide advice on the immigration requirements that an individual applicant must meet in order to register at BPP University.
- To provide basic immigration advice to prospective students and those registered at BPP, as they progress through the application / CAS request process.
- To check all CAS requests and the corresponding documents thoroughly to ensure that only genuine students who meet the requirements of student visa are issued with a CAS.
- To work closely with the Head of Visa Compliance/Compliance Officers to ensure that all CASs are assigned correctly and within agreed deadlines.
- To track the lifecycle of each CAS issued and submit reports to the UKVI in accordance with the Student Sponsor Guidance. This will require communication with all students who have been issued a CAS in order to obtain regular updates on the progress of their student visa application, copies of all refusal notices or a copy of the student visa, once granted.
- To work closely with the Student Records and International Student Advice team to ensure that only students with valid immigration permission allowing them to study with us are allowed to register on a course at BPP University.
- To provide the Schools with accurate up-to-date lists of all registered students on student route visa at each intake, and at other points throughout the year as appropriate.
- To work closely with colleagues across BPP University as part of our process to monitor the engagement of all registered students on the student visa, and retain an up-to-date summary of engagement levels for these students including details of any approved absences.
- To flag up to the Head of Visa Compliance all students who are “at risk” of failing to meet their engagement requirements under student route and to agree appropriate action that should be taken in each case. This will require follow up contact with the students and in some cases, refer the students on for additional academic and general student support.
- To communicate regularly with registered students on student visa at BPP University to ensure that our student records are updated to reflect any changes in circumstances, such as a change of contact details or immigration status and where necessary obtain evidence to confirm the student’s departure from the UK.
- To liaise with key external stakeholders as required, in particular the UK Visa and Immigration.
- To contribute to the development and update of immigration related information for prospective international students provided via the university websites and in printed publications, as required.
- The above constitutes the major activities but is not a comprehensive or exclusive list of the duties required and all members of staff are expected to work as part of the International Office team.
As listed in job background.
Department Registry Operations - Visa Compliance & Int. Student Advice
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- Knowledge of Home Office procedures and SMS system
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Sector and the challenges surrounding this
- Knowledge of the Immigration Rules and the ability to interpret complex rules and regulations
- Administrative experience, preferably in the education sector
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Maintaining records systems
- A pro active and enthusiastic team player
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure
- Customer-focused with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- A degree or equivalent level qualification
- Database management knowledge
- Customer facing experience
- Knowledge of a recognised Student Records Database is advantageous
Contract Hours 37.50