Research Assistant in Department of Physics
Title: Research Assistant
No. of Position(s): One (1)
Category: One year contract which may be renewed
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Physics announces 1 part-time Research Assistant position. The successful candidate will participate in the research activities of the lattice QCD group, funded by the Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation, to perform large-scale non-perturbative numerical simulations of QCD
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc or MSc in physics or related field
- Experience with software development
- Knowledge of C/C++ or Fortran
- Research experience and demonstrable ability to quickly collect and analyse information
- Excellent knowledge of English (written/verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with parallel programming (e.g. OpenMP, MPI, CUDA)
- Experience with HPC environment
- Knowledge of Quantum Field Theory
- Experience with data analysis (e.g. using Python, R, Julia)
The position is on a contract basis of one year (part time) which may be renewed based on the availability of funds. The monthly gross salary for the part-time work (70 hours/month) is €870.32 from which amount employee contributions will be deducted to the various governmental funds. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus.
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to Dr.
Kyriakos Hadjiyiannakou (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 31st of August, 2021:'
- Cover letter that specifies employment availability
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English (contact address and telephone number should be included)
- The names and contact details of at least two academic referees from whom references may be requested
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact Dr. Kyriakos Hadjiyiannakou (email@example.com).
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).