Senior Software Engineer Team Lead
Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £39,152 to £49,553 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 29 June 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Communication Platforms Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer Team Lead to join the Business Services Group.
The group’s mission is to build a first-class business support service for the University. You will work closely with professional services, faculties, and students to design and develop the software and systems which underpin and enhance the University experience.
About the role
By joining the Business Services Group, you will have the opportunity to work on projects which cover a wide range of services, platforms and software allowing you to grow your professional skills and career. The Senior Software Engineer Team Lead will also be lead and manage a small group of Software Engineers.
What you’ll do
- Take a leading role in delivering and maintaining the University’s Web and Collaboration applications
- Proactively, work with a wide range of the University’s professional services and academics to maintain and improve key applications and services
- Take a leading role in the planning of major systems installations and upgrades.
- Work closely with our Application Architects to design and develop new services ensuring that they integrate closely with any existing products
- Mentor colleagues and guide the Engineers reporting to the post.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of working with suppliers and technical support teams
- The enthusiasm and experience to investigate and solve issues across the full stack of a wide variety of applications and systems
- Willingness to learn and develop your technical skills to meet the changing environment
- The ability to present your ideas and your specialist area, to a wide and potentially non-technical audience.
- The integrity required to work with both commercially sensitive and personally identifiable information.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Microsoft 365 suite
- Microsoft Power Platform, specifically Dynamics and Power Apps
- PHP, Drupal, Wordpress
- Additionally, if you have experience with working in a DevOps environment or administering Linux or Windows servers, we would be especially keen to know.
The University of Southampton is a research driven institution, home to some of the world’s leading minds, expanding our knowledge and passing it on to future generations. iSolutions is the University’s IT support service whose 230+ staff support the delivery of the University’s research and education activities as well as the usual business operations. We would love you to join us and help change the world for the better.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
At the University of Southampton, we are committed to our strategic principles of collegiality, quality, sustainability and global reputation. The University is committed to addressing equality issues and is a founding signatory of the Athena SWAN Charter, holding a silver-level Athena SWAN award.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Kate Pounds (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 5456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference X1388121JF on all correspondence.