Research Officer/Research Fellow, Computer Science, Advanced Data Analytics and/or Machine learning
- Part time (0.6 or 0.8FTE), Fixed-term contract for 3 years
- Located at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Level A or Level B classification
About the position
This position is intended to focus on following three key areas of the overall research:
- Focus Area 1: Real-time monitoring of patients
- Focus Area 2: Goal directed real-world activities
- Focus Area 3: Experience sampling app and centralised cloud hub
This position will be part of a collaborative program of research headed by Professor Leeanne Carey and will be based in the Centre for Cognition an Data Analytics at La Trobe University, headed by Professor Damminda Alahakoon. You will be involved in proposing solutions that addresses the individual complexity of stroke recovery over time, delivers technology-enhanced therapy at the time of need in the community, and utilises new technologies to monitor and give interactive feedback, to enhance productivity goals.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Training in Computer Science, Advanced Data Analytics and/or Machine learning.
- Hands-on experience using machine learning techniques with IOT and Image/Video data.
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions wich provide evidence of strong research potential related to the 3 focus areas listed above under key duties.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of collaborators nationally and/or internationally and with industry partners.
- Experience in:
- Scripting: R, Python
- Cloud: Azure (preferred), AWS or GCP
- Frameworks: OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Algorithms: Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Application areas: Computer vision and IoT sensor data
- Statistical testing
Please refer to the Position Description(s) for Research Officer or Research Fellow for other duties, skills and experience required for the position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday, 21 June 2021 by 11.55pm AEST.
Professor Damminda Alahakoon | Email: D.Alahakoon@latrobe.edu.au
Professor Leeanne Carey | Email: L.firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Senior Recruitment Business Partner, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter advising which position you are applying for;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.