Professor of Surface Science
2 days left
- Full Time
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty): Chemical Engineering Program
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
We seek a candidate with a strong background in chemical engineering with a focus on fundamental science applied to ultrathin films, surfaces, and interfaces. The successful applicant is expected to develop state-of-the-art analytical surface and interface methods. Candidates with demonstrated capability to advance the areas of interfacial phenomena in materials, membranes, and devices are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with the following background will be considered for this position:
- Fundamental understanding of molecular fluid/ion transport through interfaces
- Characterization of optical and electronic properties of thin-film and interfacial systems (membranes, sensors, batteries, fuel cells, solar cells)
- Preparation and structural characterization of ultrathin polymer and porous carbon layers
- Development of hybrid functional materials by chemical and physical deposition techniques
Faculty in the Chemical Engineering Program conducts research on a broad range of chemical engineering topics addressing fundamental questions relating to polymer science, thermodynamics, reaction engineering, mass transport in liquid and gas phases, surface science, and separation science and technology.
The CE program offers opportunities to develop real-world solutions to global challenges by leveraging basic discoveries in the chemical and biological sciences. Three KAUST research centers are associated with CE: KAUST Catalysis Center (http://kcc.kaust.edu.sa), Advanced Membranes, and Porous Materials (http://ampm.kaust.edu.sa), and the Clean Combustion Research Center (http://ccrc.kaust.edu.sa).
The Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division comprise seven Degree Programs: Material Science and Engineering, Applied Physics, Earth Science and Engineering, Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Science, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. These disciplines provide the foundation for our Division's quest to address some of the major challenges that we face in the world today, including those related to energy and the environment. Specifically, our faculty members and their research teams work on photovoltaics, supercapacitors, porous materials, clean combustion, atmospheric modeling, and other topics.
PSE division invites applications for a faculty position at Assistant and Associate Professor ranks.
A relevant Ph.D. degree. Proven track record in managing a research group as well as publishing high-impact papers.
Teaching and service responsibilities:
Commitment to high-quality teaching at the graduate level, including generally two courses per academic year. Active service to KAUST on all aspects of academic life.
The University offers access to multiple sources of research funding to its Principal Investigators. The successful applicant should have an established record of publishing high-impact papers, and is expected to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form using the Interfolio online application system (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/faculty-positions). To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- A cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience.
- Up-to-date curriculum vita which includes full publication list
- Statement of research interests
- Statement of teaching interests
- A list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least four potential referees
- Copies of most relevant publications (Maximum of five)
- Two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus)
Only complete applications submitted through the online application system will be considered. Applications received by the advertised deadline will receive full consideration. However, positions will remain open until filled.