Zayed University, in partnership with Minerva Project, the pathbreaking educational innovator, is creating a new interdisciplinary college focused on social transformation. This radically innovative college aims to become the first truly interdisciplinary degree program in the Middle East, equipping students with the skills and knowledge to tackle the world’s most pressing global challenges.
Zayed’s new college prepares top students for professional leadership in the rapidly changing global environment, imparting seminal skills that can be transferred across contexts and applied in novel ways. We are the pioneer in empowering emerging leaders to advance business innovation and societal transformation with interdisciplinary knowledge and applied skills.
Based upon decades of research in the science of learning and Minerva’s fully active learning pedagogy, the new college will rely on immersive and experiential teaching methodologies to drive student achievement.
Zayed University invites applications to multiple faculty positions at the Assistant, Associate, and Professor levels, to commence employment in July of 2021. Candidates must have earned a Ph.D. or equivalent, or expect to do so prior to the start of employment.
In the first year, candidates must be capable of teaching general education courses in one or more of: the arts and humanities, the social sciences, or mathematical and computational sciences. In subsequent years, faculty must have a disciplinary expertise that aligns with the courses to be taught in their respective programs of Social Innovation (e.g., psychology, economics, political science, philosophy, sustainability), Business Transformation (e.g., entrepreneurship, finance, management, operations, marketing) or Computational Systems (e.g., mathematics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, web development, data science).
All classes are taught virtually via live synchronous sessions using ForumTM, Minerva’s proprietary web-based platform designed to facilitate fully active learning. Faculty will never lecture, always leading highly interactive and engaging seminar-style classes. While all teaching is on Forum, preference will be given to those applicants who are able to relocate to the UAE.
Review of materials will start immediately, and we hope to start interviews the first week of June, but will accept applications until all positions are filled.
- Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. by their first day of employment.
- Evidence of excellence in undergraduate teaching.
- Evidence of the ability to contribute professional scholarship in one’s academic field.
- Ability to work in teams in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to adopt innovative teaching methodologies.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to relocate to the UAE.
- Evidence of excellence with fully active learning.
- Strong interdisciplinary academic background.
- Experience in team teaching.
- Experience teaching or working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Academic research expertise related to solving social problems, addressing global challenges, and/or driving innovation, with a special interest in scholarship related to issues in the Middle East and North Africa.
Candidates Must Submit:
- A cover letter describing your fit for this exciting new program.
- A recent CV detailing your educational background, research, and teaching experience.
- The names and contact information of three individuals who can serve as references.
Interested candidates should apply at https://apply.interfolio.com/88014 .