La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship
For information on how to apply please refer to La Trobe University Scholarships. Please do not apply via this page as your application will not be accepted.
$28597 Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates, Australian Citizen, International Student, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
This prestigious scholarship established by Yooralla in collaboration with the Living with Disability Research Centre will be awarded to an outstanding candidate interested in exploring how to build and sustain the disability workforce of the future.
As an applicant you should have an interest in disability support services, cultural diversity and direct support practice. The project will focus on employment experiences of support workers from culturally diverse backgrounds and strategies for their recruitment, training and retention.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,597.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2021 rate)
- a top up scholarship of $9,000 a year for 3 years
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to be part of one of the leading disability research centres in Australia and work with one of the largest disability providers in Victoria
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
Please contact Professor Christine Bigby directly to discuss this project initially, and obtain a copy of the project proposal. Please do not apply via this page as your application will not be accepted.