Research Fellow, Civil And Environmental Engineering
1 day left
- Full Time
A postdoctoral researcher position is available at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore. The postdoctoral researcher will lead funded research projects, supervise research students, and write research proposals and reports. The postdoctoral researcher will collaborate with the Transportation Group in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the System Informatics Group in the Department of Industrial System Engineering and Management.
The research project aims to serve as a linkage from individual vehicle technologies to transportation infrastructure planning and traffic control at the network level. It is expected to deliver modelling tools and solutions for operating advanced traveller information systems, infrastructure planning and traffic control. The project will address the new challenges, enable the network-wide deployment of revolutionary CV technologies and provide a comprehensive understanding of the benefits and costs of the future CV systems.
This is a full-time position, and the duration of the first contract is one year. There is an opportunity to extend the position to multiple years, depending on the performance in the first year and the availability of funding.
- Ph.D. degree obtained in a related discipline (operations research, transportation engineering, or related disciplines).
- Candidates in the final stages of PhD degree are welcome to apply.
- Strong interests in Mathematical Modelling and Programming.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English).
- Expertise and work experience in traffic simulation software Vissim, programming with at least one language, e.g., Python, R, Java, SQL, Julia, C# or C++, and optimization solvers (e.g., CPLEX, AMPL).
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Civil And Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No