Research Engineer, Biomedical Engineering
The team under the leadership of Principal Investigator Professor Dean Ho at the N.1 Institute for Health is currently looking for a Research Engineer. The N.1 Institute of Health (n1labs.org) strives to redefine the landscape of personalised (otherwise known as N-of-1) treatments through technological innovations such as CURATE.AI and IDentif.AI, an artificial intelligence platforms developed and validated by Professor Dean Ho and collaborators that have successfully optimized existing therapies in fields like oncology and most recently infectious diseases. Through its involvement in various interventional studies that have successfully demonstrated life-saving outcomes, N.1 has been part of many multidisciplinary collaborations with experts both in the healthcare system and in industry. To date, the projects undertaken by the expanding team have stretched far beyond clinical studies and into fields such as digital therapeutics. Staying true to its objective, N.1 constantly seeksto be the first to deploy interventional, institute-driven technologies in human. The successful candidate will be involved in current and upcoming quantitative studies and projects. The responsibilities of the role are listed, but not limited to, as follows: -
- Conduct quantitative research either independently or in collaboration with our team members or collaborators from various disciplines.
- Develop software prototypes, tools and algorithms for various data processing and visualisation tasks.
- Analyse biological data and design test procedures to identify problems and solutions.
- Provide support and guidance to software development direction and technical-related limitations. Interested individuals should send an email to Professor Dean Ho at email@example.com. The email should include a letter of interest, CV and contact information of at least two referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Familiar with python, SciPy & scikit-learn.
- Understand data structures, data modelling, and software architecture.
- Familiarity with machine learning or data analysis process will be preferable.
- Experience with any deep learning frameworks e.g. Tensorflow/Keras will be a plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Additional Information: -
- Employment Type: Contract.
- Employment length: 1-2 years.
- Job specialisation: Computer/Information Technology, Research and Development.
- Employment: Full time.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Biomedical Engineering