Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
Candidate appointed as Research Fellow has higher responsibility to complete specific KPI (goals) within specific period.
Nature of the work includes:
- Synthesis of electrode materials using specific protocol in gm and kilo-scale level. Hence candidate is expected to have very good synthesis experience using solution based methods. Those who have synthesis experience using solid state reaction may not suit this position.
- Candidate must be quite knowledgeable on energy storage materials. They must be capable of performing electrochemical testing methods and analysis of results. Especially experience on full cell assembly (coin cell or 18650 cell or pouch cells) and testing would be helpful but not mandatory.
- Candidate must be strong in characterizing electrode materials using impedance spectroscopy.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable on characterization methods such as X-ray diffraction, TEM, XPS, FT-IR, DSC/TGA etc.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry or Physics or Chemical Engineering.
- Additional research experience in related topics is preferred.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Mechanical Engineering