Research Assistant, ALCNS
To assist PI in conducting clinical research according to study protocol, Singapore Guideline for Good Clinical Practice (SGGCP) and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements within NUS.
The appointee will assist the project leader in the project, “Therapeutic Forest Study in generating positive energy among undergraduate Students (TFS Study), and will be required to:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (80%)
- oversee the general management of the project;
- undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site (such as recruitment, provision of intervention, and data collection);
- work with various stakeholders on the development and evaluation of the intervention;
- provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at the community/participants’ homes;
- conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, and analyze data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures; assist in ethical application, amendment and submission of annual and final report; and
- work on other tasks as assigned.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (20%)
The Research Assistant/Associate will carry out other duties as specified by their Reporting Officer. They will be expected to obtain additional training to improve their clinical research skills.
- Degree in a relevant field such as Psychology, Nursing, or Science (Honors and above preferred)
- Possess a Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) certificate which is recent and within 2 years (Details on CITI: https://www.research.nhg.com.sg/wps/wcm/connect/romp/nhgromp/06+conducting+resea rch/citi+intro)
- Prior clinical research experience such as clinical research coordination and participant recruitment
- Able to work independently and meticulously
- Good written and communication skills, bilingual (e.g., Mandarin/English, or Malay/English) is essential, multilingual is preferred
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work on weekends and after hours when needs arise
- Team player
- Quick learner
- Statistical analysis, qualitative research experience and relevant publication experience is desirable
Dr. Shawn Goh
Email address: email@example.com
Applications should reach us by 31st March 2021. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies
Employee Referral Eligible: No