Lecturer / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor - School of CHIPS
5 days left
- Full Time
LECTURER/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
DEPARTMENT: School of CHIPS
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES: Microelectronics, Semiconductor, Integrated Circuit Design, Fabrication and Packaging.
POSITION TITLE: Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor depending on qualifications and experience
LOCATION: Suzhou Industrial Park campus & Taicang campus
Lecturer: 23,150-25,594RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 28,615RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Assistant Professor: 29,046-31,993RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Associate Professor: 36,127-40,189RMB (with the opportunity to go to 42,705RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: Open until filled; however, applications received by 30th June 2021 at 12 pm (GMT +8) will be given first consideration
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 30th June 2021
JOB ID: 2054
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
About the Taicang campus
Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is building a new teaching site in Taicang city - XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus), with the collaboration of the Taicang Municipal Government and industry partners, as part of its strategic priorities for the next ten years. The Taicang campus will be a pioneer of, and an educational model for, the future campus in developing talents and leaders to meet local, national, and global challenges from the 4th Industrial Revolution. XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus) is directed by a Leadership Team, which is comprised of the Taicang Principal, Taicang Associate Principal, Chief Operating Officer, School Deans and Director of Innovation Factories.
The school is one of 7 industry-themed Schools in the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus), and there is the capacity to grow further within the college to a total of 10 schools. Common to each School is an Education, Research and Development Institute (“ERDI”) for teaching and university-business research collaboration, a professional services centre supporting daily activities of students, staff, and business partners, and a School Affiliated Company, which has been jointly established by XJTLU and the School’s industry partner for practical on-the-job learning and teaching. The governance and management of the School is through a School Council. The Dean of School oversees the School Management Team as well as contributing to the leadership of the Taicang campus.
The School of CHIPS is jointly developed by the University and industry partners, Standard Science Chip Cloud Microelectronics and Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology, to deliver the industry-themed programme(s). The first-degree programme that the School will be launching for the Academic Year 2021/2022 is BEng Microelectronics Science and Engineering with Contemporary Entrepreneurialism.
Standard Science Chip Cloud Microelectronics is a comprehensive technology enterprise specialising in investments in integrated circuit industry chain services. Under the guidance of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology is one of the earliest engineering research institutes in China. More information please see https://www.sscc.tech/ and http://english.sim.cas.cn/.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for future colleagues from candidates in all the fields of Microelectronics, Semiconductor, Integrated Circuit Design, Fabrication and Packaging who can:
- engage actively with new educational models and embrace innovative, interactive, technology-enhanced learning, teaching, and assessment approaches,
- understand and have an entrepreneur and innovative spirit, in line with the ethos of the campus and college,
- has experience managing undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme as programme director,
- deliver high-quality teaching to undergraduate and graduate students, as evidenced for example by peers, students and external examiners,
- supervise undergraduate students and postgraduate students,
- conduct high-quality research, as shown by publications in leading journals,
- provide administrative service to the School, the University and its stakeholders.
The School of CHIPS is adopting a new higher education model based upon the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE). SE is a new model developed by the University to address an increasingly networked and complex future of work in the 4th Industrial Revolution. The model is core to the University’s strategy for its next ten-year development focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship. SE aims to train syntegrative leaders with Management skills, International perspective, Discipline-specific knowledge, and adaptability in Industry (MIDI).
The position will attract individuals embodying these SE values and are passionate in engaging in a future-focused co-learning ecosystem comprising students, academics, practitioners, university, industry, and community. The School seeks faculty members who thrive by creating impact through authentic engagement, cross-boundary collaboration, collective learning and discovery, and action-oriented inquiries. These creative educators adopt a systems mindset and use their knowledge, skills, and experiences to co-design and deliver an enriching educational experience for students. They view education as an integrative and life-long transformative process.
- A doctoral research (normally PhD) degree in Microelectronics, Semiconductor, Integrated Circuit Design, Fabrication and Packaging or a closely aligned discipline, or be able to demonstrate an equivalent professional practice and engagement.
- Self-motivated for innovative teaching.
- Clear understanding of the philosophy and concept of Syntegrative Education (SE).
- Demonstrable past teaching/industry experiences or practices aligned with Syntegrative Education (SE).
- Fluency in English.
- Strong team-work spirit.
- A good track record of engagement with business and industry.
- University-level teaching experience.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Appropriate research experience for the corresponding academic position level.
- An institutional builder, able to work with wider disciplines across the Taicang campus.
- Experience in block teaching.
- For non-Chinese applicants, two years, full time, same subject teaching in a college/university is required by the Chinese work permit policy.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application online:
Applications must be submitted in pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For further information and an informal discussion, please contact Professor Eng Hwa Yap, Dean of School by email at EngHwa.Yap@xjtlu.edu.cn.
If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resource Office.
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above