Business Solutions Architect
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile IT - Architecture
Contract Type Permanent
To provide key analytical skills in projects as assigned. To bridge the gap between business need and technology. To fully understand and own business requirements. Make strategic, critical and efficient decisions on behalf of the business at key project and solutioning stages. As part of the Architecture team you will be heavily involved in the solutioning process. Building, owning and delivering key process, technical and analytical documentation that will be used by architects and development in the delivery of solutions. From inception through to delivery you will play a critical role for ensuring efficiency, quality and ultimate success of projects and change at BPP.
Accountable for business requirements on behalf of business areas as assigned in projects
- To produce technical and analytical documentation ready for architects and developers
- To help refine and build out user stories per project
- Contribute to the evolution of the architecture function. Understand and support the enterprise's IT strategies
- To contribute to the solutioning process by having a thorough understanding of the business need and problem statement, so can articulate ideas to and confirm assumptions from the architecture and development teams
- To become the SME point of contact for Architecture and Development for business requirements during project delivery cycles
- Working with Architects to provide systems analysis across the existing application estate to identify where it can be leveraged to resolve business problems, maximising existing investment
- To simplify complex business problems, cut through ambiguity and ensure alignment across the project team(s)
- Maintain commercial awareness in analysing and solutioning, ensuring business requirements are strategic, not tactical, and continue to underpin the business strategy
- Analyse the current IT environment to detect deficiencies and functional gaps and recommend potential solutions for improvement
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders across BPP
- Continually analyse the academic technology industry and market trends
Department Technology - Architecture
Vacancy location UK, North West, Manchester
- Significant experience in a BA role or similar analytical role, accountable for business requirements.
- Experienced in communicating to executive level and to senior leadership
- Knowledge of UML Modelling and/or BPM diagrammatic presentation
- Business-focused with the ability to quickly understand a problem or situation and develop an approach to drive forward solutions.
- Able to take account of wider, strategic objectives when dealing with operational pressure.
- Demonstrable ability to apply relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
- Dedicated to ensuring own technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments
- Able to develop effective partner relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective in anticipating and understanding customer expectations and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed.
- Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with departmental staff and senior management, both on a one to one and one to many basis.
- A strong team player, willing to share knowledge, drive ideas and solutions and provide quality information.
- Degree qualified in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or similar, is preferrable
Contract Hours 37.50