Head of Finance
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fixed term contract opportunity to provide TEDI-London with a first-class finance function. As a qualified finance professional supporting the Interim Director of Resources, you are responsible for the day-to-day operational financial management activities at TEDI-London ensuring relevant, timely and appropriate information is available as required. You will lead the annual audit and undertake a significant role in producing the annual accounts.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE JOB PACK FOR THIS ROLE WHICH INCLUDES LINKS TO A RECORDED INTERVIEW WITH THE HIRING MANAGER FOR THIS ROLE AND A LINK TO THE EVENTBRITE Q&A TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.
Overall, you must be able to demonstrate an affinity and style of approach in line with our values.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience of having led a finance function ideally in a SME/charity/education and able to work both strategically and at operational level
- Up to date technical awareness of accounting standards, budget setting and monitoring
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Personally effective - excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change
- Ability to analyse complex operational / statistical information and produce accurate / intelligent forecasts and plans
- Pragmatic and practical, able to ensure organisational objectives are facilitated effectively by the Finance Function
- Able to report and present complex financial information in an accessible and people friendly way
- Commitment to and understanding of team work and collaborative working in the widest organisation sense
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Qualified to CCAB level.
- Exposure to and understanding of Finance within a Higher Education setting
- Experience of leading procurement and ensuring a best value approach.
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering, co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
Our vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.