The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for the project “3D Printing Additive-Enhanced PEEK Spinal Implants; A Novel Lower-Modulus 3D Printed Titanium Rod: Design, Fabrication and Testing” in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 4 months contract basis.
The Department is actively engaged in cutting edge research that encompasses basic science research, translational research and clinical applications of new technologies. We have a very strong research culture with emphasis on translating our findings from the laboratory bench to the clinical bedside in the form of finding and developing novel and useful therapies. Over the years, we have built a reputation for quality research in the areas of tissue engineering, osteoporosis and fractures, and orthopaedic bioengineering.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members (Hospital doctors, Staff from Department of Mechanical engineering NUS and NAMIC) to ensure the successful completion of the study on time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in the hospital, NUS and NAMIC to ensure the smooth running of the projects, and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the projects with NAMIC, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Department of Orthopaedics;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the multiple departments involved. Such meetings may only be possible after office hours or on weekends;
- Undertake the day to day overseeing the progress of the project at various study sites, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites;
- Maintain up to date DSRB Records, apply for new DSRB proposals and manage to write reports at various time points during the study. Help with DSRB submissions / Reports of the ongoing Medical Projects;
- Maintain and oversee accounts, procurement and file maintenance for the projects under the PI with NAMIC and NUS
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct literature searches relevant to the project and for future related projects;
- Assist in writing Grant proposals;
- Maintain trial database, should be able to analyse data through Statistical Procedures (appointed person will be encouraged and supported for learning appropriate courses in Statistics)
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures; Assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project:
- To learn and run CPSS to get relevant records of patients who have undergone treatment for Spine conditions which will provide clinical data furthering the study;
- Maintain Tumour Database and MTRON Studies;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have an MBBS from local / foreign universities would be preferred.
- Bachelor’s degrees from a reputable university, preferably in Biomedical engineering or life sciences;
- Possess knowledge of Medical Terminology with Proficiency in English language to be able to communicate effectively to write scientific manuscripts and reports;
- Experienced in DSRB and Healthcare Research landscape of Singapore preferable;
- Strong aptitude in research work; Good oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work on flexible hours (after office hours / weekends) on a mutually acceptable schedule with the PI;
- Meticulous, well-organized and able to multi-task;
- Monitor and document experimental results and research findings; and
- Assist with general Record upkeep such as files and Research documents.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees to Ms Chua Li Ping at email@example.com
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Orthopaedic Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No