Research Fellow, Surgery
The Cardiovascular Single Cell Laboratory at the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine is looking for highly motivated and well-qualified candidates for the post of Research Fellow to work on 3D vessel modelling using patient`s specific cells as a platform to evaluate and treat CV disease (inflammation in atherosclerosis, DM, aortic dissection and aneurysm). The lab is equipped to perform cellular experimental work (BSL2), on animal and human samples. Lab has strong translational and clinically orientated background with access to clinical data and human tissue. Experimental work supported by large cardiovascular tissue bank of cardiovascular specimens, plasma and blood cells (>1000 samples). Given clinical contacts lab would provide strong interaction with cardiovascular specialist and clinician. Lab has two research associate trained to do basic experimental work.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow will guide and be involved in processing of samples, dissociating tissue to single cells, patient specific cell culture and work on 3D vessel model using fluidic device and existed spheroid protocol. Experimental work would have related to miRNA transfection experiments on VSMC, fluorescent activated cell sorting, immunohistochemistry, molecular biology including DNA, RNA and corresponding proteomic work. The person will perform, teach and supervise experiments in the Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) and is expected to work independently or supervise research associate in the laboratory and clinicians. Team work spirit would be very appreciated.
Qualifications and Skills requirement:
- A PhD degree in life science and skilled in handling human tissue and cell culture
- A minimum of 2 years of BSL2 experience with skills in molecular biology
- Immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence and genetic experience encouraged
- Ability to mentor and train research staff members and students
- A proven track record of publication, oral presentation and communication skills
- Skills in project management would be appreciated
- Ability to work on grant proposals including writing, meeting with collaborators, and reviewing proposal opportunities
All interested applicants should email their job application interest, full CV with the cover letter and the reference letters of three referees with the referees’ contact details.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery