Research Fellow, Electrical And Computer Engineering
Work on hands-on experiment for the few of the following tasks:
- Fabrication of MEMS/NEMS resonators, switches and self-powered sensors such as accelerometers, vibration, shocks, acoustic, air flow, temperature, etc
- Fabrication of PZT and/or AlN based piezoelectric MEMS and sensors .
- Fabrication of Si MEMS and/or CMOS MEMS.
- Fabrication of wafer level packaging technology such as wafer bonding, chip bonding, thin film encapsulation.
- Fabrication of TSV.
- Design and Simulation of MEMS and NEMS devices and structures using COMSOL, ANSYS and other well-known software.
- Integration of the above-mentioned sensors and devices into a self-powered sensor nodes.
- Testing of the above sensors for event-based IoT and environment monitoring related applications.
- Write 2 or more journal papers based on derived data of the above devices in a year for RF and write one or more journal papers for RA
- Write monthly progress report.
- This work is joint-research with Cornell University. Working in an international multi-task team is expected.
- Write new research grant proposals according guidance from Principal Investigator (PI).
- Possess a PhD preferably from prestigious institution.
- Have learned MEMS or Sensors related courses for one semester at post-graduate level and earned score of A- or better (for RF).
- Must have 3 years’ and more relevant experience in making and testing MEMS/NEMS.
- Strong background in hands-on microfabrication techniques and with journal publications (e.g. Nature Comm, JMEMS and Nano Lett, etc) showing such evidences.
- This opening is for research-intensive tasks. Applicants with 3 years relevant research or industry experience in making and testing MEMS/NEMS is required for RF position.
- Strong knowledge in L-Edit; COMSOL; ANSYS;
- Strong written and spoken communications.
- Having more than four 1st-authored international peer-reviewed journal papers (for RF).
- Open to fixed-term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering