Postdoctoral Position at the V. Zelman Center for Neurobiology and Brain Restoration
The international research group of the V. Zelman Center for Neurobiology and Brain Restoration at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology in collaboration with Mayo Clinic (Rochester, USA), Duke University, Kazan Federal University and FEFU, under the leadership of neurobiologist Professor Mikhail Lebedev, invites postdocs to a Russian Science Foundation project – “Development of invasive and non-invasive corticospinal and peripheral interfaces, with the use of biomarker monitoring, for neurorehabilitation of motor functions and pain control”.
The subject of the project is the development of methods for restoring movement for patients with spinal cord injury and methods for controlling neuropathic pain by creating new techniques of neurophysiological testing, neuromodulation of the brain and spinal cord, as well as new brain-computer interface technologies integrated into modern approaches to brain restoration.
Who are we looking for?
Postdoc is a researcher, a young scientist, PhD or doctor of sciences, independently conducting research on individual blocks of project work under the guidance of the project leader.
To conduct research on animals or participate in work with subjects, to develop a research strategy, to collect and analyze data.
- specialized biological, medical, chemical, bioinformatics or mathematics education;
- knowledge of neurophysiology;
- PhD, doctor of sciences, or an equivalent degree in accordance with the established procedure;
- lack of affiliation and labor relations with Skoltech over the past 12 months;
- work experience in scientific laboratories;
- experience with animal models and/or experience in clinical research;
- experience with data and statistical programs;
- at least 3 scientific publications indexed in the WoS, Scopus databases, as well as experience in writing publications;
- fluent English.
Preference is given to candidates with:
- skills in MatLab, LabVIEW, COMSOL Multiphysics, Solidworks and knowledge of electronics;
- experience in presenting the results of research work at Russian and international conferences, experience in implementing grants from the Russian Foundation for Basic Research and / or the Russian Science Foundation, etc.
What we offer:
- work in an international research group with leading scientists in the field of neurophysiology;
- an opportunity to develop oneself and the scientific field of restoration of functions for patients with severe injuries and neurological disorders;
- business trips to partner laboratories in Russia and abroad;
- an employment during the year with a probationary period of three months with the possibility of an extension;
- the amount of salary will be discussed based on the results of the interview.
Employment at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology.
Information about V. Zelman Center for Neurobiology and Brain Restoration and the project can be found here:
Applicants are asked to send extended CVs, including lists of scientific publications, letters of recommendation and questions by e-mail:
Daria Petrova D.Petrova@skoltech.ru, with the subject “Postdoc”.
We are accepting the applications as long as the positions are open.