Online Lecturer, Psychology, Teaching Academic Level B
- Based in UniSA Online located at City West campus, Adelaide
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 31 December 2023
- Commencement Salary: $100,184 per annum (plus super)
About the Job
Working on site in Adelaide, South Australia, this role will work within UniSA Online to support the development and delivery of curriculum for the online programs.
This is an exciting opportunity, which will include contributing to the design, development and teaching of engaging course curricula and materials for the programs, implementing teaching approaches that maximise the student experience and learning outcomes, and contributing to the recruitment and development of teaching staff within UniSA Online.
We are currently recruiting Online Course Facilitators to teach first, second, and third year courses into the Bachelor of Psychology. We are looking for a candidate with teaching experience in several areas of Psychology, including Work, Organisational and Cognitive Psychology, as well as the ability to teach Research Methods.
Critical to the success of the role will be establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders across the University to ensure that UniSA Online identifies and responds to strategic opportunities, and effectively leading and mentoring academic staff within the teaching team.
Essential Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A doctoral qualification in Psychology (or a relevant discipline) and relevant work experience
- Evidence of recent teaching experience and discipline knowledge within the Psychological field
- Demonstrated passion for and proficiency in undertaking teaching duties including the design and preparation of online teaching activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of a wide range of education technologies
- Understanding and experience in using a range of contemporary teaching methodologies
Benefits on Offer
At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals, sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and we have a family friendly approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Applicants are also required to upload a weblink to a video of themselves addressing the following question: “Based on your past experience, tell us in 2 minutes or less, why you would make a great online teacher in Psychology.”
Please address your cover letter to Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 3005.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 13 May 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.